- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, very thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 6 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 2 cups crushed cheese-flavored crackers
- 1¼ cups mayonnaise
- ¾ cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
Return to Recipes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Combine tomatoes and jalapeños in a large bowl. Spread 1 cup cracker crumbs in the prepared baking dish. Top with half the tomato mixture. Layer on the onions. Top with the remaining tomato mixture. Combine mayonnaise, Cheddar, Parmesan and basil in a medium bowl; spread on top of the casserole. Top with the remaining 1 cup cracker crumbs.
- Bake until bubbling and the cheese has melted, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.